Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Blog-innings



Holly's friends all have blogs. I guess some of mine do, too. Anyway, all those blogging friends of Holly's kept asking us when we would start a blog. Well, here we are! Even if you aren't one of Holly's friends with blogs, you are more than welcome to read along as we write about the adventures of married life in our tiny Provo apartment.


We figured we would start off our blog with a major announcement: something that would provide enough drama to get a big readership right away, and keep it steadily growing through word-of-mouth advertisement and the like. Some of you have heard it already, but for the rest of you, here it is...


Holly is pregnant.


I know what you're thinking, "Daaang! Didn't they just get married?!?" Well, it has been almost two months now since we tied the knot. Holly is about six weeks along now, and she has been quite the trooper so far. We're just scratching and clawing our way to the second trimester so the illness can take a backseat to people endlessly rubbing Holly's belly for months on end.


We already have settled on names, after much heated debate and clashing naming styles. I like more traditional names, and Holly is more modern chic. Luckily, though, we have come to a compromise.


If it's a boy, his name will be Austin Travis Mortimer. Austin is, after all, where we met and hopefully where we can go again to begin post-college life. It is in Travis County, so that's where that comes from.


If it's a girl, she will be Lily Jade Mortimer. This was the girl name I liked the most of the dozens Holly rattled off that she liked. I guess she just has more of a knack for coming up with cool girl names than I do.


We will continue to keep you out there in Blogland updated as the months go on. Any parenting counsel/advice/wisdom is greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, how exciting!!! I was just thinking about you Holly and was thinking that since we will be home for little while (we have been out of town of and on) we needed to get together. It is cool you have a blog, we have a private one that I can give you a link to if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared and I were also considering lilly as a name. I am so happy for you two. If you want any practice you can take Chloe off my hands whenever you want. We are looking forward to seeing you two at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I've always wanted you to have a blog! and now you do :) I can't wait til I move down to Utah and can hang out with you more regularly. Congratulations again on the leetle bebe. I am excited to be an auntie again :) You should put a pregnancy count down thing on your blog... but not a creepy one where the fetus is bouncing around in a circle that's suppose to look like a womb, those really creep me out... my sister had a pretty funny one, I'll have to ask her what site she got it from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Having a baby is an amazingly awesome adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? No David J Mortimer III? :) Happy for you two anyway.

    ReplyDelete