Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bookstore Ravings and Holly's Cravings


Today is my last free Wednesday for a long, long while. That realization came even stronger for me after going to the BYU Bookstore for my textbooks.
The Bookstore recently re-shelved all the textbooks by the name of the author rather than organizing it by subject. At first, I thought it might be a challenge, but it actually was a breeze. I was in and out in about 10 minutes or less with all of my books in tow.
The Final Tally: 7 Books, $362.95. Average cost per book: $51.85.
As gnarly as that figure is, it could have been a lot worse. I only had to buy two books and a packet brand-new, all the rest were used. When the BYU Bookstore website didn't list used prices on most of the books, I was a bit leery, but it all turned out well in the end.
**********************************************************************************
Every pregnant woman has cravings. It's a fact of life. You never really know what you crave until it whacks you upside the head and you just can't get through the day without it.
Holly has found her craving: McDonald's lovingly titled Chicken McNuggets.

Now, you may be reading this and saying to yourself, "Self, aren't all chicken nuggets the same? Can't you just go buy a big ol' bag of frozen nuggets and heat those up every now and again?" Let me assure you, Self, that in Holly's case, there is no substitute for the McGoodness.

Since Holly's tummy is still up and down, we usually play it safe and just get her a 4-piece Happy Meal. She's hot and cold when it comes to the fries, but when she's hot for them, she is downright smokin'. We've also tried the Wendy's Nuggets, but they just aren't the same. The fried crispiness of the McNuggets overpowers the breadedness of Wendy's.

The other deciding factor is the BBQ sauce. At Wendy's the sauce is more tangy and thick whereas the McDonald's sauce is sweeter and runnier, which Holly seems to prefer.

Just as long as it makes her happy and she can keep it down, I say she can have all the McNuggets she wants.

1 comment:

  1. I crave those nuggets and I'm not even pregnant! The way you described the sweet runny BBQ is making me go crazy! I better run there right now...

    ReplyDelete